Exchange day on “Sustainable construction for resilient cities”.
📅 6 July 2023
📍 Parc Hotel Alvisse, Luxembourg
Program and registration for the discussion event on “Sustainable construction for resilient cities”
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), in collaboration with Luxinnovation and the Betriber&Emwelt platform are organizing a conference on sustainable construction for resilient cities, on July 6, 2023 at the Parc Hôtel Alvisse.
The building sector contributes around 37% of global CO2-eq emissions, consumes around 33% of resources and accounts for 40% of energy demand in Europe. More generally, this sector is facing numerous challenges linked to climate change: energy shortages, lack of availability and access to natural resources, and pressure to meet the objectives of the Paris Agreement and the Green Pact for Europe by 2050.
The scale of these challenges requires all players in the construction industry to come together to find innovative, sustainable solutions for the transition to eco-design of buildings, circular construction and resilient cities.
Through speeches, round tables and networking opportunities, this event aims to bring together experts and stakeholders from the construction sector and industry, in order to;
- Take stock of the situation in Luxembourg ;
- Discuss and share best practices ;
- Present innovative demonstrators and new technological solutions ;
- exchange views on the priorities of the sector and the possibilities for pooling initiatives in order to accelerate the transition towards a more sustainable construction sector ;
- reflect on the role of research in Luxembourg at the service of the construction sector.